Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Reprort 9i Problem
Reprort 9i Problem [message #89570] Wed, 19 May 2004 06:03 Go to next message
Muhammad Sultan Alam
Dear Friends

We are running Personal oracle 8 and form 5 and report 3.0 and Operating system win 98,

Now we are moving to oracle 9i database 9.2 forms 9i developer and report 9.0 and operating system XP professional .

I have installed database and 9ids, and import database from oracle 8, forms are running well, but the problem is that my Report is not runing from menu.

report is not opening in browser, even i have made a from and pass parameter to run the report, but still its not running,

I will be very great full to you if you help me, some one told me that report will not run in XP operating system..

Thanks in Advance

Sultan
Re: Reprort 9i Problem [message #89571 is a reply to message #89570] Wed, 19 May 2004 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Muhammad Sultan Alam
Dear Friends

We are running Personal oracle 8 and form 5 and report 3.0 and Operating system win 98,
Now we are moving to oracle 9i database 9.2 forms 9i developer and report 9.0 and operating system XP professional .
I have installed database and 9ids, and import database from oracle 8, forms are running well, but the problem is that my Report is not runing from menu.
report is not opening in browser, even i have made a from and pass parameter to run the report, but still its not running,
I will be very great full to you if you help me, some one told me that report will not run in XP operating system..

Thanks in Advance

Sultan
Re: Reprort 9i Problem [message #89590 is a reply to message #89571] Fri, 28 May 2004 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
deola
try and run your report through your form and attached
it that from to the menu.that is the only way you can run 9i report for now and for the parameter it can run so the only way you can run that is the same way and pick the field from your form and run for the parameter.
Thank you all
deola okunad.
Re: Reprort 9i Problem [message #89600 is a reply to message #89571] Tue, 01 June 2004 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hany
HI
YOU CAN USE THIS CODE TO RUN REPORT9I FROM YOUR FORM OR BUTTON ON YOUR FORM
declare
VC_URL varchar2(200);
v_pw varchar2(100):=get_application_property(password);
v_user varchar2(100):=user;
v_conn varchar2(100):=get_application_property(connect_string);
begin
VC_URL:= '/reports/rwservlet?REPORT=(your report path) &DESTYPE=CACHE&DESFORMAT=HTMLcss&USERID='||v_user||'/'||v_pw||'@'||v_conn||'&p_p_id='||:player.P_id;
Web.show_document(vc_URL,'_blank');
end;

this will pass the url to the browser so you can see your report
Re: Reprort 9i Problem [message #90160 is a reply to message #89600] Sun, 21 November 2004 11:15 Go to previous message
rakshit
hi in ur solution how to get player.p_id and p_p_id
what sthese things in them
Previous Topic: Re: FRM-41211
Next Topic: EXISTS operator performance
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 01 23:37:57 CDT 2024