Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » margin changes when I change printer
margin changes when I change printer [message #89310] Thu, 29 January 2004 11:37
powi
Hello!

Operating System Windows 98.

I am printing an invoice (in bitmap mode) directly from forms 6I via reports to a dotmatrix printer (epson lq870) in background. This works perfect until I change to another report within the forms applikation and print this on a laser printer. The result on the laser printer is perfect. But when going back to printing an invoice on
the lq870 the left margin has changed and it does not fit onto the paper anymore.
On all other reports with preview I can look at the page settings and can see that the margin values has bin changed
from the laser printer. I can set them back to normal values manually and after that the invoice will fit on paper again.

Now my questions:

1. Does anyone know why the laser printer changes the margin values from the dotmatrix printer?
2. Is it possible to set these values via the appliclation?
3. Where are these values stored? Registry, elsewhere? Perhaps I have the chance to modify the values via forms.

Thanks a lot in advance

I am short before to change to character mode. But it does not look nice on the paper.
Previous Topic: How do I reference a group column within a trigger?
Next Topic: discoverer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:37:49 CDT 2024