Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Help needed urgently
Help needed urgently [message #89284] Tue, 20 January 2004 05:32 Go to next message
Kumar
My requirement is to run 3 reports daily and send the output as an attachment(in pdf format) in one single email to all the users.

we are using forms 6i, reports 6i and unix and the application is on web

can somebody guide me, how to do this

kumar
Re: Help needed urgently [message #89286 is a reply to message #89284] Wed, 21 January 2004 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Syed Ferhat
Dear Friend,

I would like to guide some how , may be that you would not agreed but any way i would tell you how to handle.

first after generating the report you make a server page by using (ASP JSP or etc) . I am telling you as per ASP . You can make a simple batch file and save in the same directory where the report result in pdf formate. and type these code in batch file example

1) After Creating a batch file
2) pkzip *.pdf myreports.zip

And then call the same batch file through your asp page.

If you using your own mail page for sending email then type the code to attached the file for the same report and send it .

You will find the complete email sending codes on asp.com its free or feel free to ask any more question.

Thanks
Ferhat
Re: Help needed urgently [message #89287 is a reply to message #89286] Wed, 21 January 2004 05:45 Go to previous message
Kumar
but i want this to happen from forms
Previous Topic: display of pdf files in visual basic software
Next Topic: Oracle Discoverer & Oracle object for OLE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 06:40:35 CDT 2024