Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Oracle Report server
Oracle Report server [message #88923] Mon, 16 June 2003 00:12 Go to next message
NG
I have recently install the Oracle Report 6i on my notebook which runs Oracle client 8i and Windows 2000 Professional platform. The installation was successfully with the Net8 configured.
The problem is when i try to start the report server at the services, the error shown as follows:-
Microsoft Management Console
"Windows could not start the Oracle Reports server [[rep0OraHomeReport]] on Local Computer. For more information, review the system event log. If this is a non-microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error code 186."
What is the cause of these errors and what steps to take??
TIA
Re: Oracle Report server [message #88962 is a reply to message #88923] Wed, 09 July 2003 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sujit
Hi,
Check the following repserver entry in tnsnames.ora

Repserver,Repserver.world=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=machine_name)(PORT=1950))

restart the machine. tell me if this works
Sujit
Re: Oracle Report server [message #89418 is a reply to message #88923] Fri, 19 March 2004 11:23 Go to previous message
Niels Anderson
I am having a simular problem to the original. I am running Oracle 6i Report on a Windows 2000 Server with a Oracle 9i Appache web server. When ever I go to spart the report server, I get the following errors: "Windows could not start the Oracle Reports server [[repserver]] on Local Computer. For more information, review the system Event Log. If this is a non-Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error code 186.

Please help.
Previous Topic: Re: report builder 2.5
Next Topic: Button on Report
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 04:02:15 CDT 2024