Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Trunc Date in report
Trunc Date in report [message #88606] Fri, 06 December 2002 08:56 Go to next message
Kate
I am a BEGINNER in Discoverer, using 4.1.
I am trying to run a report that will tell me how many transactions are run in a day and the $$ value of those transactions. As long as I run for one day, I get one nice, neat row of data. When I try to do a TRUNC(txn date) and then BETWEEN two dates, I get multiple rows for each day. My assumption is that I am getting a row for each "time" of a transaction, and I only want one per day.
Suggestions???????????????
Re: Trunc Date in report [message #88640 is a reply to message #88606] Mon, 30 December 2002 20:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mark
Hmmm. If you have not figured this one out, let me know.

Sounds like you are using the truncate correctly, but you have another clause or join that is misusing the truncated date.

Can you provide the query?

Mark
Re: Trunc Date in report [message #88643 is a reply to message #88640] Tue, 31 December 2002 06:29 Go to previous message
Kate
Mark,

I've been using the workbook wizard.
The Table Layout simply contains the Mod ID and Pts Award SUM. There are no calculations or sorts used.

Here are the three conditions I wrote:
TRUNC(Txn Date Time) = :Insert Date
Mod Id = 'APUNIX'
Region NOT LIKE '%FRANCH%'

When I run this, I get a dialog box to enter in a single date and everything works fine. If I change the first condition to *** TRUNC(Txn Date Time) BETWEEN Insert Date AND Insert Date ***I get a separate date for every time, which looks like it is not TRUNCing. I don't need a dialog box to enter these dates, I can do it from the condition, but ideally I would like one line per date - not per time.
THANKS
Previous Topic: Row Number
Next Topic: Emailing using Reports 6i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 09:19:48 CDT 2024