Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Report Call (Run_Product) from a Form Never Returns
Report Call (Run_Product) from a Form Never Returns [message #88415] Thu, 22 August 2002 08:38 Go to next message
Mike
I am producing a number of reports from a form. I set up the parameter list and ran the commands below. This code is working perfectly under Windows NT. My problem is that in Windows 2000 the first report fires and does not return to the Form to fire the next report or ANY subsequent code. That is the application locks up (freezes) and I must terminate the Oracle Run-Time through the task manager.

CODE:
ADD_PARAMETER(plid, 'PARAMFORM', TEXT_PARAMETER, 'NO');
ADD_PARAMETER(plid,'ORIENTATION',TEXT_PARAMETER,'LANDSCAPE');
ADD_PARAMETER(plid,'DESTYPE',TEXT_PARAMETER,'PRINTER');
ADD_PARAMETER(plid,'ORACLE_SHUTDOWN',TEXT_PARAMETER,'YES');

RUN_PRODUCT(REPORTS,'Listbynum.REP',SYNCHRONOUS,RUNTIME,FILESYSTEM,plid);
RUN_PRODUCT(REPORTS,'Listbytype.REP',SYNCHRONOUS,RUNTIME,FILESYSTEM,plid);
RUN_PRODUCT(REPORTS,'Listbydesc.REP',SYNCHRONOUS,RUNTIME,FILESYSTEM,plid);
Re: Report Call (Run_Product) from a Form Never Returns [message #88490 is a reply to message #88415] Mon, 07 October 2002 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bweaver
Mike,

Did you ever find a solution? I have one report that does the exact same thing.
Re: Report Call (Run_Product) from a Form Never Returns [message #88504 is a reply to message #88490] Thu, 17 October 2002 17:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike
I assume you will pass this along to the original respondant. If I do NOT hear back from him/her or you I will forward it myself.
ADD_PARAMETER(plid,'ORACLE_SHUTDOWN',TEXT_PARAMETER,'YES');

The above statement seems to be the culprit in Windows 2000. I commented it out and that allowed the process to continue. It was not exactly perfect. I had to add a
"MESSAGE ('Finished Printing', ACKNOWLEDGE)"
statement after all the reports were produced. This was not a substantial deviation from the entire process and so there was no need to determine if I could get around this additional complexity - it worked so I left it.
Re: Report Call (Run_Product) from a Form Never Returns [message #89075 is a reply to message #88490] Tue, 26 August 2003 15:02 Go to previous message
navveed
i want to run_product for report but i feel proble
plz give me detailed code for run report and pass parameter by using run_product
Previous Topic: DISCOVERER EXPORT -- PRN WITHOUT SPACES
Next Topic: information required about barcode
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:41:38 CDT 2024