Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » server name in seagate crystal reports(Immediate help )
server name in seagate crystal reports(Immediate help ) [message #88350] Tue, 16 July 2002 00:44 Go to next message
leena
what is the server text while connecting to oracle database in crystal reports
I gave

username:scott
password:tiger
server:host mc name

but i get error as ORACLE:[[Microsoft ODBC For Oracle]]
I'm stuck up for days
Immediate help is anticipated

thanks
help on crystal reports [message #88659 is a reply to message #88350] Fri, 10 January 2003 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
M.Balaji
Can I draw horizontal and vertical lines through records in a report using crystal reports? If yes how?
Re: server name in seagate crystal reports(Immediate help ) [message #88734 is a reply to message #88350] Thu, 27 February 2003 13:20 Go to previous message
Sathish.K
Hi

If you selected ODBC then you have to give ODBC Name for Oracle . if you are trying to connect directly means than you have to use an alias for that .Alias you can create with SQLNET easy Config tool . it will ask the server IP addres and the SID for your oracle.

Once you created an alias then check with tnsping utility if you are getting reply then you can use that.

Alternatively if you are using ODBC than for that odbc you can check with ODBC Test tool . Which will tell you the ODBC is connected or not.

Sathish
Previous Topic: add values from 3 cloumns into a new column
Next Topic: Re: How to put header in first page only
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:05:14 CDT 2024