Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Reinstalling ORACLE 9i AS
Reinstalling ORACLE 9i AS [message #88249] Tue, 28 May 2002 12:21 Go to next message
Charlie
I have been experiencing problems trying to reinstall ORACLE 9i AS. Unlike the first time I installed it, I was not prompted to enter configuration details for the origin database (host, port etc.) and portal settings!!!! etc. It doesn't even appear to install the products either. (I have uninstalled the previous installation prior to attempting reinstallation).

- If anybody has any ideas please explain in detail what to do.

Thank you in anticipation!!!!!

Charlie

charlie@e-med-sailingcharters.com
Reinstalling ORACLE 9i AS [message #88379 is a reply to message #88249] Wed, 24 July 2002 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
(Mr) Jairo Naranjo
I am having a quite similar problem: I am trying to reinstall oracle 9i, but each time i got a message that i should to "shutdown" some oracle services. but i can not find how. I unistalled the oracle, but in C directory i still have a folder with a "listener" log file, that can not be deleted. It says that is in use, but I do not know where!.

My question is: could you solve your problem?, how come?.

thanks a lot

jairo naranjo
jaironaranjo@hotmail.com
Re: Reinstalling ORACLE 9i AS [message #88380 is a reply to message #88379] Wed, 24 July 2002 08:51 Go to previous message
Meenakshi S Ganesh
Hi Jairo:

You have to go to registry editor and search for keyword "Ora" or "Oracle" and delete all the entries and also from the root directory. Then re-boot the machine and delete the directory on C drive.

Then you will be able to re-install 9iAS, actually the de-install is not always a clean one, so you have to do some manual stuff.

Rgds
Meenakshi S Ganesh
Previous Topic: Re: query
Next Topic: locking database while report is running
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:58:12 CDT 2024