Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Re: Issues with Oracle Reports?
Re: Issues with Oracle Reports? [message #88075] Tue, 12 February 2002 07:29
btaller
I've been using Oracle Reports for about 2 years. There are some good features in 6i like modifying the Report on the fly and automatic database linking. I would recommend avoiding the wizard and just creating the reports manualy. You get exactly what you want fairly easily. Just build from the bottom up. Place the data that you want to repeat the most on the bottom and layer up from there. That way the frames don't get in the way.

To avoid complexity of the report and also to limit the resources expected on the server, I use forms to insert the data into a temporary table and then have the report read the temp table. That way all of the calculations are being done on the desktop.

Changing the report from landscape to portraint can be done fairly easily by modifying the properties of the margins and then resetting the frames. I wouldn't want the program to do this for me.

I also recommend Crystal Report as a very good alternative if you don't feel Oracle reports gives you the functionality you need.
Previous Topic: Matrix Report Diplaying zero's for non existing cell field values
Next Topic: Merging Postscript files
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 23:14:23 CDT 2024