Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Web Listener? Run reports using local server ?
Web Listener? Run reports using local server ? [message #87913] Sun, 28 October 2001 01:39 Go to next message
Russell Chambers
Geesh - ive got an 8i database running reports6i, i have installed everything ok, i think - the reports6i_config file tells me i need to :

[[ACTION]] Please configure the following virtual path with your web listener: /dev60html for
physical directory C:OracleOra6itoolsweb60html.

[[ACTION]] Please configure the following virtual path with your web listener: /dev60cgi for
physical directory C:OracleOra6itoolsweb60cgi.

How do i create/view/ the web listener - i chose default settings during the install and know nothing about this web listener thing - i have installed the reports server on the local machine but i get an error when i try to start it in services - error 186 something to do with the tnsnames ...

If you can help me, i know i havent been too clear

Thanks

Russell

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Web Listener? Run reports using local server ? [message #87914 is a reply to message #87913] Sun, 28 October 2001 17:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Prabhu S
dear russell,
as far asi know, there might be clash for ports between the oracle web db listener and some ohter appln. may be even microsofts IIS. try reinstalling oracle reports. go for a typica l installation and WHEN ASKED FOR A PORT NUMBER BY THE WEBDB LISTENER SPECIFY A PORT NUMBER OTHER THAN 80. TRY GIVING 90 OR 91... by default 80 will be used by iis.
try it out.
cheers,
prabhu

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Web Listener? Run reports using local server ? [message #88278 is a reply to message #87913] Tue, 11 June 2002 00:56 Go to previous message
pascal brunot
Hi guys,

I spent several days trying to fix this problem, which solution is quite simple in fact. I guess it's now solved but it may be useful for other report server users.

If you have in the iSuites/network/admin/tnsnames.ora an entry like : Rep60_MACHINENAME = Rep60_MACHINENAME.world cancel it.
Add :
Rer60_machinename=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=localServerIp)(PORT=1951))

In the sqlnet.ora make sure you have :
NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH= (TNSNAMES)
TRACE_LEVEL_CLIENT=OFF

Editing like this, I was able to start the reports service from the control panel without rebooting.

I hope it helps. Look at A55143.pdf on OTN for more information.

Pascal Brunot.
Previous Topic: Re: Barcodes in Oracle Reports
Next Topic: Report buttons
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:32:46 CDT 2024