Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Help --deploying developer 9i form on web-- specially Himanshu
Help --deploying developer 9i form on web-- specially Himanshu [message #86644] Fri, 15 October 2004 11:32 Go to next message
nd
Hi experts

I am new developer

I have my application server installed in the D drive, and developer suite in F drive on windows 2000. I have my form ready and I want to deploy them on web, Please let me know the exact steps.

I don't have much Idea about application server too.

Thanks

Nd

Re: Help --deploying developer 9i form on web-- specially Himanshu [message #86649 is a reply to message #86644] Sat, 16 October 2004 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
Google for [[deploy oracle forms web]] only returned 137000 hits.
And that doesn't even include the docs !
Re: Help --deploying developer 9i form on web-- specially Himanshu [message #86661 is a reply to message #86649] Mon, 18 October 2004 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Himanshu
Hi Frank,
This is a very Vast topic for which I will not be able to provide simple steps to you.
For Form 6i I have posted a small write-up earlier in this Forum.
For forms 9i ,personally I have not worked upon so i do not have any readymade material for you.
Also you have not mentioned which Application server you are using and what is your OS.

What you have to do is to first give it a try(do not forget to see the related Oracle White papers) & then let us know if you face any Problem.
I'll try to help wherever I can.

To web deploy Oracle Forms a web server / listener is required.It is possible, even with the very latest releases, to implement forms over the web using a 3rd Party web server / listener. Oracle, though, have always provided it's own recommended solution.

From Oracle Forms 6i Rel 2 patchset 4 and higher, the Forms Listener Servlet was introduced. Forms Listener Servlet functionality is closely integrated with the Oracle 9iAS / Oracle Application Server 10g architecture, and therefore is not straight-forward to configure with 3rd Party Application Server technology

HTH
Regards
Himanshu
Re: Help --deploying developer 9i form on web-- specially Himanshu [message #86669 is a reply to message #86649] Mon, 18 October 2004 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nd
hi himanshu,

I am using Oracle 9iAS and OS is windows 2000. I am wondering if you could suggest some reading material, as frank has written google search is very vast.

Thanks

ND
Aliases [message #86671 is a reply to message #86661] Mon, 18 October 2004 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nd
hi

I have deployed my form as primary. To start this application I need to type this path http://caburscidat1:8888/forms90/f90servlet?config=primary

How can I specify alias so that user need not type this path http://caburscidat1:8888/forms90/f90servlet?config

instead could type some other easy path

thanks

nidhi
Re: Aliases [message #86675 is a reply to message #86671] Mon, 18 October 2004 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Himanshu
Hi,
You cannot hide the url physically, but what you can do is redirect the url which will hide the port number. You should be able to use mod_rewrite or mod_proxy.

For more information on how to configure these modules, please review Chapter 6 "Oracle HTTP Server Modules" in the "Oracle HTTP Server Administration Guide".

Also you may try to write following in In the httpd.conf file
Redirect /oldURL /newURL

HTH
Regards
Himanshu
Re: Aliases [message #86709 is a reply to message #86675] Thu, 21 October 2004 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nd
thanks himanshu,

I had gone through that, its quite confusing, I mean I couldn't understand how should I write for the port number, actually It talks only of the path, I am not getting into my head...

Regards
ND
Re: Help --deploying developer 9i form on web-- specially Himanshu [message #86716 is a reply to message #86644] Fri, 22 October 2004 22:03 Go to previous message
Shiraz
Please have a look this URL it will help u a lot.

http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/forms/pdf/B10170_01.pdf
Previous Topic: Help! object groups
Next Topic: About timestamp column!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jun 10 20:58:23 CDT 2024