Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Help me to retrieve the global value! help!
Help me to retrieve the global value! help! [message #86237] Mon, 13 September 2004 23:23 Go to next message
agnes
how to call the value frm one form to another using global variable when-new-form-instant?

for example in  YEAR form

- year -
- allocation -
- balance_budget -

- 2005 -
- $200 -
- $200 -

here i want the balance_budget to be a global variable.

when-new-form-instant i put

global.balance_budget = 0; 

next.....

when i proceed to PAYMENT form

i want the global variable from YEAR display in PAYMENT form, where i have to declare

balance budget as global variable. so how can i retrieve the value from the balance_budget in year?

can u help me to give some hints on using SELECT into statement?

please help me... i rely need help!!!!!

regard from

Agnes
Re: Help me to retrieve the global value! help! [message #86245 is a reply to message #86237] Tue, 14 September 2004 22:27 Go to previous message
Himanshu
Hi,
You have to set the value of Global varibale in your form and then you can access it any where.
For e.g. if you are calling a Form from the current Form using a Button then on WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED write a code :Global.balance_budget :=:Blockname.balance_budget;

Now you can retrive its value in your called form in any trigger,Say you need to display this value in called form in Filed X then write the following code in when-new-form-instance trigger:
:X:=:Global.balance_budget;

HTH
Regards
Himanshu
Previous Topic: Run .fmx
Next Topic: changing mouse cursor in web forms
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 19 10:32:38 CDT 2024