Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » display the user information on status bar
display the user information on status bar [message #86211] Sat, 11 September 2004 05:36 Go to next message
fanni
hi
i am making a database appliaction in oracle forms 6.I want to show the application user('user name ') on the status bar.
how can i do this so that user name  should be displyed all the time the application is log on.

what i think is

Can i split my status bar into two portions so that one portion of it will be used to display the form messages like (frm-40400 record saved etc) and the other portion of status bar will be used to display the user information.is it possible in this way or any other way

need the solution

regards

farhan
Re: display the user information on status bar [message #86215 is a reply to message #86211] Sun, 12 September 2004 20:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Himanshu
Hi,
You cannot change the Properties of Status BAR.
Instead Just at the Bottom of your each Form you can add a Display field with BEVEL - NONE and display the required information in it.

HTH
Regards
Himanshu
Re: display the user information on status bar [message #86227 is a reply to message #86211] Mon, 13 September 2004 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Narendra K.
Dear Farhan,

Store the user name in a variable, say UNAME.

Now write on-message & on-error trigger at form level.
The code should be as below:

for on-message:

message('User: '||UNAME||' '||Message_type||':'||message_code||' '||message_text);

for on-error:

message('User: '||UNAME||' '||Error_type||':'||error_code||' '||error_text);

It will always show the user name first, then any message or errors.

Hope it will satisfy u.

have a nice day.
Narendra
Re: display the user information on status bar [message #86233 is a reply to message #86227] Mon, 13 September 2004 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fanni
hi Narendra
Thanx for co-operation
i tried your technique(i wrote the user name on status bar on 'when new form instance' and 'on error' and 'on message' triggers) it works fine for handling messages and errors but there is another problem...if i clear the form and check,uncheck the checkboxes or click in the text box ,,my status bar washes out every thing ...

how to handle further these things.
Have i to write code against each action. I have about 30 forms and it will be tedious job...Can u plz further support me.
Regards
Waiting for reply Farhan
Re: display the user information on status bar [message #86238 is a reply to message #86233] Mon, 13 September 2004 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
omar
the solution is to put the code in a timer and to execute it every pre-set time !

you can find more explanation in a previous entry in this forum ! poster a few weeks ago and a guy answered it with some very good code

hope it will work for you.
Re: display the user information on status bar [message #86249 is a reply to message #86233] Wed, 15 September 2004 02:23 Go to previous message
Narendra K.
Dear Farhan,

The another solution for ur problem is,
Write a timer & on expiry of the timer, write
user information on status bar. Timer duration u
can fix for say 1 second.

Now for error messages u can't use status bar. so
u use alert for displaying the error messages.

Hope it will solve ur query.

have a niceday,

Narendra
Previous Topic: another time (outlook express)
Next Topic: Arabic insertion
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 19 09:44:14 CDT 2024