Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » need help writing coding in trigger
need help writing coding in trigger [message #86104] Tue, 31 August 2004 23:12 Go to next message
agnes
hi...

i want to ask if u can help me to write coding in trigger(when_validate_item)

- amount_allocate -
- payment_amount -
- budget_allocation -

- 2000 -
- 100 -
- -

- -
- -
- -

here in the budget_allocation i want to use trigger

budget_allocation = amount_allocate - payment_amount

then i want the answer after budget_allocation being entered!!

so could u plz give me the coding bcoz i got problem in writing the coding!!

or if it must be declare...could u write for me the coding too...

so i rely need help here plz..

thnk q.....

Re: need help writing coding in trigger [message #86105 is a reply to message #86104] Wed, 01 September 2004 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
argya
agnes
can u tell me exactly what you want .
I got that u want to validate the third column right?
thanks shub
Re: need help writing coding in trigger [message #86114 is a reply to message #86105] Wed, 01 September 2004 16:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
agnes
Dear shub

i want to validate the balance_budget column. but i dont know the coding to calculate the formula inside the third column!! so could u help me to write the coding as shown below?

balance_budget = amount_allocate - payment_amount

or if the operation need to be declare could u help me to write the coding for the declaration...

thnks...

Agnes
Re: need help writing coding in trigger [message #86125 is a reply to message #86114] Thu, 02 September 2004 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
domingo
But agnes when validate item comes into play when you want to alidate some value with that in the database .
plz explain .
SHUBH
Re: need help writing coding in trigger [message #86150 is a reply to message #86125] Fri, 03 September 2004 23:43 Go to previous message
agnes
so if using validate item was used in database, what is the button trigger to produce the calculation that if the column are entered so it produce the total of calculation.

becoz i alredy used the formula calculation in the balance budget properties and it work. now i just want to use formula in trigger so that when the user enter the column then it automatically display the answer.

so could u help me plz ASKSHUBH ....
Previous Topic: problem in number display
Next Topic: SQLFORMS3.0 doubt
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 19 08:52:23 CDT 2024