Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How d2k application can be made irrespective of operating system
How d2k application can be made irrespective of operating system [message #86048] Wed, 25 August 2004 09:04 Go to next message
ram
Hello

I have created a D2k application, presently the application can be installed at Windows NT because specific path is hardcoded in the application(d:orantforms60), how can  i change the application in such a manner that it will get implemented on any operating system,and i need not to hard code the path

Please guide me

Ram
Re: How d2k application can be made irrespective of operating system [message #86057 is a reply to message #86048] Wed, 25 August 2004 22:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Himanshu
Hi,
Set the paths in Regsitry , so that you need not to harcode it.

E.g. You have icons in your menu & are stored in Directory say D:Icons.
So set the Registry as follows:
My Coputer --> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE-->Software
-->Oracle-->UI_ICON

Set the value of UI_ICON to D:Icons;

HTH
Regards
Himanshu
Re: How d2k application can be made irrespective of operating system [message #86058 is a reply to message #86057] Wed, 25 August 2004 23:12 Go to previous message
ram
Hi,

Presently the D2k application is working for windows NT/2000 because i have hard coded the paths,as same
in registory editor.
I want the application itself should read the registory entry and invoke the apropriate forms programatically, based on the path.
In that case in need not to hardcode the genric path
Ram
Previous Topic: call or display data which has been save. how?
Next Topic: unable to see Scrollbars in forms MDI at resolution 800* 600
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 19 09:38:33 CDT 2024