Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » commiting a non database block record
commiting a non database block record [message #86033] Mon, 23 August 2004 20:27 Go to next message
rita
Hi ,

I have a non DB block which i populated by clicking a button. Now I need to include the following functionality,

When the user modifies any of the record and tries to exit that record, He should be prompted to save the record. Now in a DB block I could use If :System.Record_status = 'CHANGED' then commit. But that cannot be done on a NON DB block. Now an alternative solution would be to set a flag when ever the user changes a fld. But my form is quite complicated and there are many columns (ITs Tabular form which display 20 records).

It works if I do something like a POST-CHANGE or WHEN-validate-record, but it prompts me after every record, which again is a problem.

Any help would be really appreciated,

Thanks.

Re: commiting a non database block record [message #86034 is a reply to message #86033] Mon, 23 August 2004 21:10 Go to previous message
prashant
What you can do is do it manually.
Make an invisible text item and on gotfocus on the form
Level put the Old Value of the cursor item in that text item and check the same on the last focus and initialize a changed flag.
We had a similar project and it worked ut alright
Previous Topic: collection in forms
Next Topic: how to retrieve the records that is save and display it?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 19 09:37:51 CDT 2024