Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Can I port Access Data To Oracle Table through D2k
Can I port Access Data To Oracle Table through D2k [message #86010] Fri, 20 August 2004 23:34 Go to next message
palas
Dear All,

I want to port the attendence data in oracle table . But the attendence data is in Access database. Is it possible to port the data to oracle table via D2k. I am using Forms 4.5 version.

If not possible (any other way) how can I do this?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Palas
Re: Can I port Access Data To Oracle Table through D2k [message #86046 is a reply to message #86010] Tue, 24 August 2004 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Himanshu
Hi,
Make use of OCA(open Client Adapter) to connect to Access Database from Forms,Fetch the Data into your Form and then move it to your Oracle DB.

Though the simplest way would be export data from Access tables into TXT files and then load it into Oracle Tables using SQL*Loader.

HTH
Regards
Himanshu
Re: Can I port Access Data To Oracle Table through D2k [message #86069 is a reply to message #86046] Fri, 27 August 2004 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Muhammad Shiraz Qureshi
Dear U have one more option which is that u link ur Access database table to ur oracle via ODBC so u dont need u load the data daily or weekly if this is not possible so u can also direct export Access table from access via ODBC just right click to ur Access table there is one export and link option so use it

Best of Luck.
Re: Can I port Access Data To Oracle Table through D2k [message #86106 is a reply to message #86069] Wed, 01 September 2004 01:37 Go to previous message
palas
I have to port data in every 30 min because this data will be the attendance data.

Regards
Palas
Previous Topic: thanks! to all of u!
Next Topic: Form opening in a new window
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 19 09:44:35 CDT 2024