Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How to show total no of users using the application
How to show total no of users using the application [message #85964] Tue, 17 August 2004 21:55 Go to next message
AB
Hi,

I'm using Forms 9i and Oracle 9.2.0. My application is running on web. I want to display the total no of users using the application which i want to display in Toolbar/Status bar. I have achieved this. But the problem is when new users logs into application the total no of users displayed in applications already running do not get refreshed or show the latest one. Only the latest user who logs sees the correct count of the users using the application.

How to achieve the same. Hope i have explained the problem clearly.

Please help. 
Re: How to show total no of users using the application [message #85969 is a reply to message #85964] Wed, 18 August 2004 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Himanshu
Hi,
Create a repeatable timer which would expire say every millsecond or every second(make as per your requirment).
In when-timer-expired trigger at the form level write the code which you have written to fetch no. of users.

HTH
Regards
Himanshu
Re: How to show total no of users using the application [message #85976 is a reply to message #85969] Wed, 18 August 2004 19:49 Go to previous message
AB
Hi Himanshu,
Thanka a lot. It works. But flickering of the Cursor occurs for every timer expiry. If I give 0.5 sec then flickering is too fast. Can u pls tell me is there any way to avoid this flickering of the Cursor.

Regards
AB
Previous Topic: help
Next Topic: HOW TO EXPORT RECORDS FROM EXCEL TO ORACLE?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 13:34:12 CDT 2024