Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How to convert .txt files to .dbf format and load the .dbf to oracle database.
How to convert .txt files to .dbf format and load the .dbf to oracle database. [message #85961] Tue, 17 August 2004 14:01 Go to next message
M.P.Rao

Hello,

i want to convert 30 lakhs records which is in .text format and want to convert to .dbf format and want to create a automatic digitization software to convert automaticaly from .txt format to .dbf format. Can anybody provide help here plz. Is there any software available in india where i can buy this software or download the software and use it to convert records  in text format to .dbf format.

Moreover i want load this database in oracle database, how to load the database in oracle database. please explain the procedure. is there any software which can do it automtically or do i have to use sqlldr.

Want immediate reply.

regards

Logixsoft.
Re: How to convert .txt files to .dbf format and load the .dbf to oracle databas [message #85962 is a reply to message #85961] Tue, 17 August 2004 18:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Susane
Logixsoft

Hi! If you want to load your text file to dbf,
first you create a structure in dbf based on your text file. then use foxpro or foxpro2 , use or open your dbf then command "APPEND from name.txt SDF.
this is to convert your text to dbf.

If you want to convert your text file to oracle
use sql loader or text_io.

Hope i can help you...

Susane
Re: How to convert .txt files to .dbf format and load the .dbf to oracle databas [message #85974 is a reply to message #85962] Wed, 18 August 2004 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
M.P.Rao
Hello Susane,

thanks for the help. that really helped me.

regards
M.P.Rao
Re: How to convert .txt files to .dbf format and load the .dbf to oracle databas [message #85997 is a reply to message #85974] Thu, 19 August 2004 21:18 Go to previous message
prashant
If you don't mind sending the file accross to me i can do it 4 u andsend it bac.

Contact prashant_nz@yahoo.co.uk
Previous Topic: convert rdf to rep
Next Topic: Convert 30 lakhs records in .txt to Oracle database
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 22:56:16 CDT 2024