Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Weird problem with KEY-COMMIT
Weird problem with KEY-COMMIT [message #85912] Wed, 11 August 2004 03:02 Go to next message
Rahul
Hi,

I have a problem. I have a Post-Text-item trigger that checks for the valid values of an item. However, the KEY-COMMIT trigger that I have written at Form level(this trigger is coded, it performs certain checks before commiting).

Now in the item if I enter an invalid item and press commit; I have raised form trigger failure in the item level POST-TEXT-Item trigger. however, it raises the error but then goes ahead and commits the record with null value in the DB.

Is it that the KEY-COMMIT trigger which is at form level overides the POST-TEXT-ITEM trigger's form trigger failure?

Help Please,

Thanks

Re: Weird problem with KEY-COMMIT [message #85922 is a reply to message #85912] Thu, 12 August 2004 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
omar
the problem maybe that the post-text item is never fired . try to run the form with the option 'debug messages' set to on and see if it fires or not !
the key-commit doesnt override post-text item
use when-validate-item trigger along with post-text
Re: Weird problem with KEY-COMMIT [message #85924 is a reply to message #85912] Thu, 12 August 2004 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
omar
try to use a when-validate-item along with post-text-item trigger cause the cursor doesnt leave the item when you press on the commit menu item !!! so it wont fire! check it by running the form with the option 'debug messages' set to on
Re: Weird problem with KEY-COMMIT [message #85935 is a reply to message #85912] Thu, 12 August 2004 20:29 Go to previous message
Mahesh
Any way,
Whenever u want to any validations .
write into when-validate-item.
then check out.
Previous Topic: Sql doubt
Next Topic: use of TEXT item
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 14:14:34 CDT 2024