Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Multi line alert message
Multi line alert message [message #85891] Mon, 09 August 2004 21:22 Go to next message
Vinayak
hi All,

I have a database tabel which stores all messages specific to my application. I have a Id, Message_text column in it. From the forms , i pass the id and it returns the corresponding text from the tabel which i display in the alert.

My problem is some of my messages are too long. I want them on separate lines. I used chr(10) in the middle of the message text column. But it did not worked.

Any suggestions.....

Regards
Vinayak
Re: Multi line alert message [message #85901 is a reply to message #85891] Tue, 10 August 2004 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Himanshu
Hi,
CHR(10) will not help.
In order to display such message Make an additional Stacked Canvas and Place a Text item on it and instead of using Show_Alert make use of show_view/show_window to display your Stacked Canvas instead of the Alert window.
Also create OK,Cancel,No etc. buttons on your Canvas to give it a look as ALERT window.

HTH
Regards
Himanshu
Re: Multi line alert message [message #85914 is a reply to message #85891] Wed, 11 August 2004 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vamsi Mohan
Multiline alert worked this way in forms 4.5

set_alert_property('msg',ALERT_MESSAGE_TEXT,'multi'||chr(10)||'line'||chr(10)||'alert');
Re: Multi line alert message [message #85916 is a reply to message #85914] Wed, 11 August 2004 05:44 Go to previous message
Vinayak
Hi Vamsi,

Thanks for reply.But here you have hardcoded the message text. In my case, the message text is stored in the database table and through a ID i retreive the text.

eg :
get_message(25);

where get_message is a function which I call from Forms 9i and 25 is the ID whose text I want.

Any help!!!!
Previous Topic: Forms6i - How to dynamically change name of Report run from Forms
Next Topic: error messages
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 14:48:14 CDT 2024