Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » recovery from database .
recovery from database . [message #85817] Sun, 01 August 2004 22:06 Go to next message
aliimran
i have a schema name Accounts/Debit@Orcl in Oracle 9i , infact  my SQLplus corrupted today , i don't know y , i have coppied all the database , redo log and control files as back up , now i have installed new oracle 9i database , can u tell me how to recover all the records from the previous dataabase  using their files

Re: recovery from database . [message #85866 is a reply to message #85817] Thu, 05 August 2004 09:38 Go to previous message
Tak Tang
In windows, use ORADIM to create and start the windows 2000 service. If you have all the files, and can place them back in the same directories as before, just start the instance. If not, you'll need to 'repoint' the files. Login as sysdba. If using an SPFILE, you'll need to create a PFILE based on it with the CREATE PFILE command. Edit your (new) pfile to point to the new location of your control files. Start the database in mount mode. Do select member from v$logfile and select name from v$datafile to find old location of datafiles. use ALTER DATABASE RENAME to point to your new files locations. Then do any recovery you might need, and open database.
Previous Topic: Oracle reports - multiple connections
Next Topic: post
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 14:48:51 CDT 2024