Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Error while running a form in ORacle forms 4.5
Error while running a form in ORacle forms 4.5 [message #85802] Thu, 29 July 2004 22:04 Go to next message
rita
Hi,

I am facing a problem with a few forms only. When I run the form, I get the following error message,

FRM-21011: PL/SQL unhandled exception ORA-00942.

Now this form has got a menu attached to it. When I remove the menu. It runs fine. When I attach the menu , it gives this error. There are no properties in the menu. The strange thing is that this works fine on production db, but there is a problem on development DB.

I tried to catch the error. I put a message in PRE-FORM trigger and one in WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE trigger. I see that the PRE-FORM message is displayed, then my Menu is visible then the  WHEN-NEW_FORM_TRIGGER fires and the error is shown, after that my message in NEW_FOR_INSTANCE is seen . and i can see the MENU right from the start. So it means that the error is occuring between PRE-FORM and WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE..

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Error while running a form in ORacle forms 4.5 [message #85803 is a reply to message #85802] Thu, 29 July 2004 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ratish agrawal
Cause: The table or view entered does not exist, a synonym that is not allowed here was used, or a view was referenced where a table is required. Existing user tables and views can be listed by querying the data dictionary. Certain privileges may be required to access the table. If an application returned this message, the table the application tried to access does not exist in the database, or the application does not have access to it.

Action: Check each of the following:

the spelling of the table or view name.
that a view is not specified where a table is required.
that an existing table or view name exists.
Contact the database administrator if the table needs to be created or if user or application privileges are required to access the table.

Also, if attempting to access a table or view in another schema, make certain the correct schema is referenced and that access to the object is granted.
Re: Error while running a form in ORacle forms 4.5 [message #85804 is a reply to message #85803] Fri, 30 July 2004 01:09 Go to previous message
rita
Great, Thanks Ratish, you were right, it was due to rights on a table. Now my problem is solved.

Thanks a lot. :)
Previous Topic: problem me attaching pop up menu.
Next Topic: flex property
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 15:05:11 CDT 2024