Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How to commit current "database time" through forms 6i .
How to commit current "database time" through forms 6i . [message #85631] Wed, 14 July 2004 20:13 Go to next message
mehbub
Hello.....

I am trying to get the current "database time" in a forms item (text item or display item) and then to commit the time to the relevent database column. Setting "initial value" property for the item to $$dbtime$$, does not solve my problem as i need to commit the time while updating , but  "initial value" works while a new record is being inserted. Please help me solving the problem below,

Suppose a table tab1 , owns a column A and B; the column A is of number data type and B is of date datatype, and, one form is created with text items, item_A and Item_B, which are linked to the column A and B of table tab1. Suppose a record is inserted with the value 2 and null for the column A and B through the form. Then the record is queried throgh the form. NOw, I like to get the current "database time" in the item item_B and then store the current "data base time" in the data base by commiting the form. I can select the sysdate into the item_B but when it is commited , I find the "time" part of the value is "00:00:00', the current time is not saved !!!! Somebody please help me regarding this , how can i assign the current database time in a forms field and then save the "time value" in the database. Well, database means "Oracle 8i/9i".

Somebody please help me , this is really urgent for me.Many many thanks in advance.
Re: How to commit current "database time" through forms 6i . [message #85632 is a reply to message #85631] Wed, 14 July 2004 20:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A Ikramur Rahman
Change the ITEM_B datatype to DATETIME.
Re: How to commit current "database time" through forms 6i . [message #85638 is a reply to message #85632] Thu, 15 July 2004 01:21 Go to previous message
mehbub
Many thanks to you for your solution.
Previous Topic: CEATING AN ITEM DURING RUN TIME IN D2K
Next Topic: Generating queried data into Excel from Forms
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 21:50:52 CDT 2024