Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » "forms60_path" in forms 9i
"forms60_path" in forms 9i [message #85543] Wed, 07 July 2004 10:21 Go to next message
Sunil
Hi,

I have been working in forms 6i for long time. we are going to move to forms 9i soon. I have a question related to forms 9i.

Say, I have fixed a bug in a form in f9i. Before I place the fmx on the App.server, I have to test it locally. this form can not run on its own, it has to be called from another existing form that resides on the Application server. How do I achieve this?

For same scenario in forms 6i, I can define forms path to check my local folder first before going onto the network. then it picks up the local fmx instead of fmx on the network.

Thanks very much in advance.

Sunil
Re: "forms60_path" in forms 9i [message #85545 is a reply to message #85543] Wed, 07 July 2004 18:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
uma
In forms 9i u have to set the forms90_path.try by setting thisif not let me know
Re: "forms60_path" in forms 9i [message #85547 is a reply to message #85545] Wed, 07 July 2004 19:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sunil
We haven't installed forms 9i yet, but I was trying find out ahead of time how to test bug fixes in my local form before deploying it on the Appl server.

I understand from the oracle documentation that forms90_path can be set in default.env file on the Appl server.

So if I set the forms90_path to read my local folder first, then the executables folder of the Appl server later, is it going to solve my problem.

Because calling form will be on the Appl server, child form is going be local. I may not want to replace the old child form exe on the server with the local child form until unit testing is done.

thanks
Re: "forms60_path" in forms 9i [message #86229 is a reply to message #85545] Mon, 13 September 2004 04:46 Go to previous message
Diarra
Comment configurer cette variable pour que ça puisse être utilisée dans un programme forms 6i?
Previous Topic: urgent! when-new-form-instance is not being fired.
Next Topic: close completely another window in a one form
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 19 08:05:26 CDT 2024