Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Very urgent
Very urgent [message #85526] Tue, 06 July 2004 04:41 Go to next message
A Ikramur Rahman
Hi

We are facing an unique problem.

When values are entered in a text item, and after entering the first character, the first character gets highlighted and then deleted and we need to enter this first character again.

This could not be reproduced always and when we close the forms9i session and restart the session, the same problem is not occuring.

Can anyone help.

Thanks in advance.

A Ikramur Rahman
Re: Very urgent [message #85533 is a reply to message #85526] Tue, 06 July 2004 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
magnetic
when one sets the focus on an item, oracle hilites the data in it.
so the 1 character is hilited.
because you are typing the next character, the first one gets deleted.

it seems that the focus goes somewhere else and comes back when the first character has been typed.

oracle 9 forms is "integrated" with explorer.
so be sure the page/html/forms has been loaded completely before firing triggers in oracle

the focus on an item can get lost if the page has not loaded completely.
a trigger could get the focus back like go_item();
Re: Very urgent [message #85535 is a reply to message #85533] Tue, 06 July 2004 20:21 Go to previous message
A Ikramur Rahman
Thanks for your reply.

Even after the page/html/forms is loaded completely this is happening but only sometimes.

Once the error occurs it is easily reproduced within that session. However when you exit from the session the error will not occur predictably within the next session.

What could be the causes for losing the focus? Whether session settings will have any impact? or else any property settings or firing of a trigger after entering the first character?.

Please reply at the earliest.

Thanks once again.

A Ikramur Rahman
Previous Topic: Forms 11i Template Error
Next Topic: pls clarify my doubt
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 15:12:44 CDT 2024