Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » TNS Packet writer failure
TNS Packet writer failure [message #85424] Thu, 24 June 2004 03:29 Go to next message
Srilakshmi Kannan
I am able to connect to the database through SQLPLUS , but couldn't connect to database through ifrun60.exe.
Please help.

I have my application running on forms6i and was working on the same till last evening.
Suddenly, since this morning, i am getting this error and just couldnt access my application through forms.

Opened forms builder and tried to connect to 2-3 databases...was getting "library hint" error.
Only my SQLPLUS is working for the connection and even SQL Navigator fails to work and gives "ORA-12517: TNS:packet writer failure"

Please treat this thread as urgent and help me.
Re: TNS Packet writer failure [message #85490 is a reply to message #85424] Fri, 02 July 2004 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prashant
Maybe u ran out of the maximum size specified on your Dmp file. Go to enterprise manager and increase the size of ur dmp file on the server.
Bye
Re: TNS Packet writer failure [message #86072 is a reply to message #85424] Sat, 28 August 2004 01:34 Go to previous message
Prafull V N
the same problem i am facing !
Can anybody help us to find te cause and solution of this error..
Thankx..
Previous Topic: changing the screen size in oracle 9i
Next Topic: How to Maximize Windows to Monitor Size in Forms9i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 19 08:05:27 CDT 2024