Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Multiple schemas in a database
Multiple schemas in a database [message #85414] Wed, 23 June 2004 17:03
Walt Elliott

I know its an elementary question that will tax the patience of seasoned Oracle pros, but I'm going to ask it anyway.

Our business is organized into a database that is 'flushed' at the end of each year and an empty database is created for next year.  The old database needs to be available as well.

We use Oracle Forms 6.0 to access the Oracle 8i data.  We first had a consultant 'copy' schema1 to schema2 within our database on a RS6000 Unix server, accepting the risk of not using a test box.  When we ran our forms applications, any table update returned either ORA-01422 or ORA-06502.  We had our guy disable the new schema, and we downloaded Oracle 9i and loaded this on an NT server.  This time, the DBA created a duplicate copy of our database in the 9i environment and created a new schema to match the existing schema.  When we attach using 'Schema2' everything works.  When we attach using 'Schema1', we get either of the two error messages noted above.

Our shop is new to Oracle, but this can't be an issue that most shops don't confront. 

I've read up on these two errors and can't see how they could the cause of our problems.  Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.  Oh, like every other request for someone to ride to the rescue to help, we're surrounded and the enemy is inside the wire!

Walter

Previous Topic: Any Report Guru Here.
Next Topic: How to Query an LOV Form with UNION query
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 13:36:19 CDT 2024