Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Re : Polulate item from other table in detail block
Re : Polulate item from other table in detail block [message #85269] Sat, 12 June 2004 04:25 Go to next message
jhsharma
can any help in finding the solution to my problem is

I want to populate the some of the item in detail block from some other table automatically so as to avoid mistake and press lesser no. of keystorks as well user friendly also.

version oracle 8 with d2k forms 5

thanks

Re: Re : Polulate item from other table in detail block [message #85271 is a reply to message #85269] Sat, 12 June 2004 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ranjit
This might help.

Go Blcok(Detail);
Cursor c1 is select * from < other table>;
begin
for i in c1 loop;
:detail.item1 := i.column1;
-do-
Next Record;
end loop;
first_record;
end
Re: Re : Polulate item from other table in detail block [message #85275 is a reply to message #85271] Sun, 13 June 2004 20:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jhsharma
how can i define :detail.item1 at run time. Actually what i want i do not know the names of the items as well as no. of items to be included in the block. It depends upon the results set given by the query which returns the varying no. of items as well the name of the columns

can it be possible
how can u help in this.
thanks
Re: Re : Polulate item from other table in detail block [message #85284 is a reply to message #85275] Mon, 14 June 2004 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Solve
Hi,

You could do it in post-query trigger
Are your Master and Detail blocks related?

You create a post-query trigger in Master block
and put such code in it

select Your_item into :Detail.block_item from <other table> there other_table.id = :Detail.block. id

or something like that

S
Re: Re : Polulate item from other table in detail block [message #85288 is a reply to message #85284] Mon, 14 June 2004 01:43 Go to previous message
jhsharma
i do not know the :Detail.block_item as the no of items i explained are not similar for all the querries made. then how do i put the values into it or select into :Detail.block_item ?
Previous Topic: Help for reading and writing image files in developer 2000
Next Topic: Re : master/detail
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 09:26:55 CDT 2024