Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » the use of ":" operator
the use of ":" operator [message #85095] Tue, 01 June 2004 04:56 Go to next message
sunetro banerjee
sir,

please let me know the use of ":" operator when writing triggers in developer 2000.

select studid, studname, ftpt_status, start_sem, start_year, major
into :studblock.studid, :studblock.studname, :studblock.ftpt_status,

i will be highly helped

yours truly,

sunetro banerjee
: operator [message #85099 is a reply to message #85095] Tue, 01 June 2004 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shahzad
The ":" operator refers to the block name .For example ur block student has an item stuid.Then when u have to access this u will write :your_block_name.your_item_name.In exaple
:student.stuid.
I hope u will got this point
Re: : operator [message #85106 is a reply to message #85099] Wed, 02 June 2004 02:39 Go to previous message
Mustafiz
In order to assign or access a value of any object in a form you need to identify the name of that object using the operator ":".

in your query, what you are doing is selecting and assigning the value of studid,studname,ftpt_status...etc into the item named studid,studname,ftpt_status. And to uniquely identify each of this item you are mentioning the block name preciding each item using the operator ":".
i,e :studblock.studid. where studblock is the block name and studid is the item name.

when u r assigning values to a item then make sure your query returns only one record.
Previous Topic: clarity regarding page size in reports
Next Topic: Forms 10g and Oracle 10g
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 01 12:45:31 CDT 2024