Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Want to check duplicate record in tabular block at run time
Want to check duplicate record in tabular block at run time [message #85089] Mon, 31 May 2004 21:58 Go to next message
vimal
Hi

I Want to check duplicate record in tabular block at run time

I know i one or two method but they are 100% successful for me

pls tell me the way

bye

vimal
Re: Want to check duplicate record in tabular block at run time [message #85094 is a reply to message #85089] Tue, 01 June 2004 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anupam
in when validate-record u can code this

select count(*) into var_name from tab_name
where any_item_name=:any_item_name;
if var_name>0 then
raise form_trigger_failure;
end if;
Re: Want to check duplicate record in tabular block at run time [message #85107 is a reply to message #85089] Wed, 02 June 2004 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mustafiz
If you are using database like oracle and front end tools like developer, i'm not sure why u guy's want to write code while oracle alone can handle that.

Just create primary key in the base table from where you are viewing data. after that no one would be able to insert a duplicate data.

If by any chance already duplicate data exists then delete those duplicate data from the table then create the primary key.

In my openion every one should use the default strength of oracle and developer instead of writing code which is already been built into Oracle.
Re: Want to check duplicate record in tabular block at run time [message #85469 is a reply to message #85094] Wed, 30 June 2004 03:17 Go to previous message
Ani
Hi,
if u r using a control block with multiple records and want to check for duplicate while entering the records that r not in the table(insert mode) then better to use the concept of record group.

all the best.

revert back for any queries.

regards

Ani
Previous Topic: Difference betwwen system variables (BLOCK,RECORD,ITEM)
Next Topic: Oracle Forms API
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 12:58:16 CDT 2024