Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » unable to create relationships between blocks
unable to create relationships between blocks [message #85088] Mon, 31 May 2004 18:56 Go to next message
SEAN HAMILTON
Hi again

I am trying to create a relationship vetween my Checking control block and my transaction detail block in Oracle Forms. I want the transaction block to display all transactions associated with the checking account#.  when i run the form no transactions are displayed. my transaction table consists of transactionnum(primary key), checkingaccountnum, withdrawal, deposit, transaction date

my checking table consists of checkingaccountnum(primary key, social, dateopened, balance).

how can i get the transaction table to display all transactions associated with this checking account #??
Re: unable to create relationships between blocks [message #85091 is a reply to message #85088] Tue, 01 June 2004 02:49 Go to previous message
Himanshu
Hi,
First of all check if both the Blocks in your FORM are Datbase blocks or not, needles to say that Checking table block is master & Transaction block is detail.

Now make the relatiosnship by clicking on "RELATIONS" node of the Master block.
Set following properties:
Select the detail block name.
Specify the "Join condition" :
masterblockname.accountnum=detailblock.accountnum

HTH

Regards
Himanshu
Previous Topic: For an application, how to set automatic logoff, when a session is found inactive for a specified pe
Next Topic: error 12154
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 01 14:55:28 CDT 2024