Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » help me plz
help me plz [message #85075] Sat, 29 May 2004 12:37 Go to next message
Ahmed
Thanks my dear,
ok, this my project's detail and I need your help!
I use (oracle database 7) and (oracle developer 2000) I've finished a project that I have done for book store , my problem is how can I give the shop this project that contain just forms and some reports.
I mean how can I make my project executable for any computer that any end-user can work on it without oracle software.
please help me(send me detailed explaination).
Thanks alot.
Re: help me plz [message #85077 is a reply to message #85075] Sun, 30 May 2004 02:30 Go to previous message
Tak Tang
Ahmed,

They will need to install the Oracle Forms Runtime. Go back to your Developer Install CD, select CUSTOM install. Expand the Forms 'branch', and only select the Forms Runtime. It will automatically work out the dependencies.

It might be possible to 'unbundle' the Forms Runtime. Many files in the 'install' subdirectory of your CD are plain text. The files with the '.PRD' extension list what products are available. You could edit this.

The later version Developer 6 comes with a program called 'File Packager' which lets you create (but not edit) your own installs that can be used with Oracle Installer.

Personally, I think it is easier to use a third party tool to take a 'snapshot' of the system before and after installation, and build an exe from that.

Hope this helps.

Takmeister
Previous Topic: Form Question
Next Topic: FTP-Comand
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 01 17:14:50 CDT 2024