Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Commit. On update
Commit. On update [message #85014] Sat, 22 May 2004 11:10 Go to next message
shahzad
I am working on a banking system.I have design the form for transfer money. I am updating the two table against a button.I button's triggere i just class two  functions CAN_TRANSFER AND TRANSFER.CAN_TRANSFER TELL me can i transfer the amount which i entered and transfer will transfer the amount.but when i use the update statements without commit the database is not updated.but when i use with commit the database is updated but the form gives me error "No Changes to save" .I have build this block manuly.

Thanks for reading ....waiting for reply
Re: Commit. On update [message #85021 is a reply to message #85014] Mon, 24 May 2004 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Himanshu
Hi,
Check if your Block is a Datbase Block or not.
Also check the feild which you are updating is a Database feild or not.

If not then if you use Commit it will give you the message mentioned by you as the Form builder applies the Changes to the DB only if its Status changes and in Case of NonDB blocks/Items Status never chnages even if you chnage the value of that column in FORM.

Regards
Himanshu
Re: Commit. On update [message #85048 is a reply to message #85014] Tue, 25 May 2004 01:56 Go to previous message
Anupam
do one thing
create a ON_ERROR trigger on form level
and paste this code

if error_code=40401 then
null;
end if;
Previous Topic: Hide Button
Next Topic: error while updating and deleting
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 01 09:34:07 CDT 2024