Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Form is always hanging at perticular point,help needed!
Form is always hanging at perticular point,help needed! [message #84881] Fri, 07 May 2004 00:34 Go to next message
ashish
Hi ,

everyone

I have created a form in  6i, let me give a brief description of that.

The form is having a chain of master detail

1. TABLE A(form like structure)

2. TABLE B(detail for table A , form like structure)

3. TABLE C(detail for table B , Tabular structure,showing 4 records)

4. TABLE D(Detail for table C, tabular structure, showing 4 records,placed at first tab of a tab canvas which is having two tab pages)

5. TABLE E(Detail For Table B , tabular structure,showing 4 records, placed at second tab)

IT HANGS  WHEN....

1. When i am inserting data in table B, since it is form like structure, i can insert and view one record at a time,now suppose  two detail records are already resides(saved)in table B, i am at last record i press next record button , cursor comes in a blank record,now, if i press the privious record (i haven't started inserting data in new blank the record) it goes to privious record normally , BUT, if i have started data entry in the new record(suppose, even i entered value in only one field) and now if i want to go to privious record, instead of asking "DO YOU WANT TO SAVE THE CAHNGES" it hengs the form.I don't know why it is happening.

2.when i am inserting the records in table D,(as i wrote earlier this  table is having tabular structure and master table of this is also having a tabular structure, showing 4-4 records each).Now suppose my cursor is at first record of table C, i can enter multiple detail records for this first record of table C, (in table D).suppose i entered 3 detail records for that first record of table C,my cursor is in table D since i am entering the details )and if, now, i try to place my cursor in the table C's second record(or other then the first record for which i am inserting detail records) then it clears all the data of table C,i do not know why it is clearing the data if i place my cursor in the record which is other then the record for which i am inserting the detail records(THIS IS ALSO A PROBLEM I AM FACING OTHER THEN THIS HANGING PROBLEM),The screen hangs up when i am entering the detail (entering detail records in table D for one record of table C)  , suppose i want to enter 4 detail records , i entered 3 (i haven't saved these uptill now),now, before inserting the last(4th) record i tries to place my cursor in the table C's any record (other then the record for which i am inserting data) it hangs-up the form,instead of showing the same default message which asks do you want to save the changes.

Now, i tried a lot to find out why it is getting hanged, but i could not, i checked all properties for relation as well.but i do not think that those property settings are giving problem.

but one thing is sure that it gets hang when the perticular record's status is either insert or changed only. if the status is query or new it never hangs up

this is a problem which is killing my time since 10 day's,i tried a lot but still i am also hanging-up

is there any one who can guide me regarding this

i will be very very thankful to him

ashish

Re: Form is always hanging at perticular point,help needed! [message #84884 is a reply to message #84881] Fri, 07 May 2004 07:50 Go to previous message
David
Hi,

Have you tried using the debugger to determine what the values are. Maybe there is a loop with an exit condition that is never met. Paste your code and I will have a look.

Cheers,
Dave
Previous Topic: Form is always hanging at perticular point,help needed!
Next Topic: Closes the Internet Explorer window upon invoking a Forms 6i web URL.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 10:27:35 CDT 2024