Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » want to know the steps for implimenting the app. at client's place
want to know the steps for implimenting the app. at client's place [message #84822] Fri, 30 April 2004 02:18 Go to next message
Dev
HI ,

I have created a application using D2k,it is almost ready.

i want to ask some question about the steps which i need to follow

i am sending the following files to client, please check it, is there any necessary fileinformation is remaining which i need to send.

a. all fmx. files of the application(near about 14)

b. Two mmx. files

c. three pll. files

d. script file which contains (table creation script, granting privilege scripts, scripts for two database procedure)

THIS IS MY FIRST EXP FOR SENDING THE APPLICATION TO CLIENT, PLEASE GUIDE ME ABOUT THE STEPS

i am sending one user manual,in which i will provide the user friendly steps to implement the application, i have some questions

1.what will be the location where client will save the script file,whether it can be any dir. or it must be some specific one?

2.at which location the client should be asked to store all fmx file,other files like  pll and mmx should be stored at the same place or those files should be stored in another place.

3.do i need to send the ico files as well ?, as i am fetching icons for some of the toolbars at the specified location(means those are not being fetched from oracle provided default icon files)

4. do i need to send the image files(i am using 3 image files in the application)

5.when ever i am attaching the pll, it is asking to removekeep the path, so, what should i do , whether to keep it or remove it, so that it can work at client place as well.

6.how can i default the username & password(for database, not for application) while invoking the application.

I need the guidence as i am not much aware of the process.

i will be waiting for your reply

dev..
Re: want to know the steps for implimenting the app. at client's place [message #84850 is a reply to message #84822] Tue, 04 May 2004 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sandeep kumar
ans . of ur ques.
1)i don't understand the need of storing script file u can put it any where in a single file and the ask usert to execute it, best way is to run it straight from the sql ,u should make it run in ur or any expert's presence ,if the client is a small company u have made a mistake making the forms in D2K
2)u should use only file name while calling the form,icon,menu,images,pll files instead of full path ,
the user can store the home folder for ur s/w anywhere but it's inside structure should be defined, ex. ur having project folder ,in it sep. folder for form,report,lib,icon,
The user can store project folder any where but u know that ur folders r in project folder ,
u should remove path when attaching pll files.

3)specify paths in registry: For forms6i
path for icon:ui_icon
path for form/menu:forms60_path
path for report:reports60_path
path for pll:forms60_path
path for images:graphics60_path
4)benefit of it is flexiblity
5)for using same oracle user every time
create a shortcut ,in shortcut specify
path_of_D2K_formruntime path_of_ur_first_form usrid/pwd@host_string
------------------------------------------
Tell if ur satisfied
------------------------------------------

sandeep
Re: want to know the steps for implimenting the app. at client's place [message #84856 is a reply to message #84850] Wed, 05 May 2004 20:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dev
Hi,
Mr. sandeep,

Thank you very much for your reply, now i am much clear about what i have to do.really it helped me a lot
and i will work accordingly.
still i am having some small doubts
you wrote that "use only file name while calling the form,icon,menu,images,pll files instead of full path"
but while calling forms it is not allowing me to comiple the source code without path.

for icons i am not using path, just providing the icon file name, and it is displaying the icons because those icons are default form bulder icons so i need not to specify the path, but if at client's system, if default icons are not there in form bulder then these icons will not be display at client's end(default icons existance in the form bulder depends upon the type of installation, as per my knowledge)
beside that i am using 2 additional icons which are not provided by default and for those two icons i am also specifing the path in menu item property.

"any how as per your advice i am storing all the icon files in one sub folder of the project folder, named icons and providing instructions to client to specify that perticular path in ui_icon at registory."

and in the icon folder i am keeping all files, default provided icons as well as 2 custom icons.
I have one more doubt regarding icons that i searched the path where form builder stores it's default icons
that is D:orantFORMS60javaoracleformsicons
but these are not ico files these are GIF files, and icons stored at this place will be displayed automatically even if the path is not specified in the menu items property, and for icons which are stored at other then this path we need to provide the path as well.why these default icons are gif files i am not able to catch.

beside this , will you please guide me about giving the path for starting form and providing the username and paasword for data base

THANKS IN ADV.

DEV
Re: want to know the steps for implimenting the app. at client's place [message #84861 is a reply to message #84856] Wed, 05 May 2004 22:52 Go to previous message
sandeep kumar
hi dev ,
u should call form like :call_form('login');
specify form path in forms60_path,
add path by adding it to existing path separated by ;
if path is sep. for menu ,lib specify it too,
same for imgs. -graphics60_path
icon-ui_icon
reports-reports60_path
use file extension only for images,
if problem still email me in detail,email is provided below.
don't worry bout default icons ,forget them ,only u haveto use them ,they will be always there for u,

for start form use :
c:ora6iifrun60.exe c:formlogin.fmx scott/tiger@a.z

change the paths and db as needs

from,
sandeep,

sandeep18_2000@ktp.jkmail.com
Previous Topic: Can you print just the contents of a list item?
Next Topic: Sending automatic Mail on insert of the record
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 11:27:21 CDT 2024