Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Failed to implement menu security in forms 6i ! Someone help plzzzzzz.
Failed to implement menu security in forms 6i ! Someone help plzzzzzz. [message #84810] Thu, 29 April 2004 02:14 Go to next message
mehbub
Hello....

I am trying to implement the menu security scheme but faild.Can any one plzzz help me ? The steps I followed are...

1.Created a role 'b' as a user 'a' (User 'a' is granted the dba role).

2.Created tables as the user 'a' and created forms on those tables.

3. Created a menu and specified the role 'b' in the "module roles" property.Set the "use security" property to yes.

4.Specified the role 'b' in the 'item roles' property for all the menu items.

5.Attached the menu with the forms.

Now when I try to run the forms as the user 'a' ,I get the error... FRM-10256:  User is not authorized to run Form Builder Menu.

I found in the "forms help", that, the reason for this error is user is not granted privileges on the forms tables. But I created all the tables as the user 'a'.Again ,when I set the 'use security' property to false for the menu then I can run the forms and can query ,update to the database.So there should not be any question of privilege to the tables, I think.  I also created the role 'b' as the user 'a' , so the user 'a' is having full control over the role 'b'. So I am really undone in this regard and find no way to overcome. Can anyone plzzzz describe the steps to implement menu security and tell me ...where is the error ? Someone plzzzz help.

Many many thanks in advance.

Re: Failed to implement menu security in forms 6i ! Someone help plzzzzzz. [message #84816 is a reply to message #84810] Thu, 29 April 2004 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ram kumar
Hi Mehbub..

u forgot to do some more additional steps

u have to build the form roles and grant to the users from forms side...this can be done by
running
oracle froms admin--->>build use system user

after that

oracle froms admin--->>grant do for provide all username who will access the froms application

Ram
Ram.Thank u so much [message #84817 is a reply to message #84816] Thu, 29 April 2004 19:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mehbub
Thanks to you again Ram.
Re: Ram.Thank u so much [message #84818 is a reply to message #84817] Thu, 29 April 2004 19:42 Go to previous message
ram kumar
read documentation before u do that..so u will have clear idea...
Ram
Previous Topic: chr function /keyascii
Next Topic: LOV should not have the % text at top text box.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 20 16:21:37 CDT 2024