Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » which built-in is apropriate, CALL_FORM,NEW_FORM OR OPEN_FORM
which built-in is apropriate, CALL_FORM,NEW_FORM OR OPEN_FORM [message #84762] Thu, 22 April 2004 07:19 Go to next message
AS
HI, EVERYONE

i am working on a small apllication,i am having a menu module attached to all the screens which will be invoked from the menu.

one requirement is such that:-

application is having total 10 screens, among them two screens should be controlled such that only one can be invoked at the smae time.(i am enabling and disabling the menu items and controlling those two screens, like, if one is opened, the menu option for other will be disabled and vise versa.)

The problem i am facing is:-

every screen is having it's own menu(though the menu module is same for all)the menu is smae for all the screens but instances of that menu are as much as number of screens opened."MEANS EACH SCREEN IS HAVING A SAPRATE INSTANCE OF MENU"

i want to ask whether this is a apropriate method,or how can i keep only one instance for menu for all the screens.

the main problem is, among two screens which i am controlling,while keeping one screen open, at a time , as i am opening a screen the menu option should be disabled for other one, it is disabling that perticular menu option for second one as i am invoking the first one,BUT, that change is visible in only the screen from which i invoked that first screen(each screen is having a saprate instance of same menu module), but in other screen's menu that perticular menu option is still enabled

so i want to ask that whether i have to programatically enable/disable those 2 perticular menu option in all instances of menu module attached with all screens or is there any way to controll it

this job is very urgent for me

i am sure that someone is there in this world, who can help me

i am using OPEN_FORM built in to invoke the screens from menu module.

Ashish

Re: which built-in is apropriate, CALL_FORM,NEW_FORM OR OPEN_FORM [message #84775 is a reply to message #84762] Sun, 25 April 2004 22:45 Go to previous message
Inderjeet Singh
Hi,
You should not use menu at each screen, rather use it only for the main MDI screen. Create one form, which is the entry point to your application. Assign the menu to this form & not to all the forms. This way there will be only one instance for the menu as all other screens will not have menu. Just imagine Microsoft Word. In that you have many documents open, but the Microsoft Words instance is one. Its the old SDI - MDI concept.

Rgds,
Inderjeet Singh
Previous Topic: enable/disable buttons in the forms while printing from the menu
Next Topic: Oracle 9i DS Release 2
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 20 13:37:00 CDT 2024