Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » enable/disable buttons in the forms while printing from the menu
enable/disable buttons in the forms while printing from the menu [message #84709] Mon, 19 April 2004 23:45 Go to next message
Nancy
hi all,

I have a menu and I have print option in the menu. Now in the form there is a button called 'SAVE'. Now if I am printing I am getting the button too in the printout. I want to make the button in the form invisible while printing. But I want it in the form but not in the printout.How to do it? If any one can help me?

Regards
Nancy
Re: enable/disable buttons in the forms while printing from the menu [message #84714 is a reply to message #84709] Tue, 20 April 2004 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jan
What are you printing...

are you printing the screen shot of the form from the menu or are you pringint a report which happens to have a button on it.

can you send the question with little more info.

JS
Re: enable/disable buttons in the forms while printing from the menu [message #84721 is a reply to message #84714] Tue, 20 April 2004 19:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nancy
hi,
I am printing the screen from the menu and it has a push button in it. I don't want to print the button while prinitng. Can U suggest some ways?

Regards
Nancy.
Re: enable/disable buttons in the forms while printing from the menu [message #84727 is a reply to message #84721] Wed, 21 April 2004 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jan
one way od dealing this would be to hide the button before printing...

i.e.
create a trigger on the menu item.
and write the code as

set_item_property('button_name',visible,property_false);

next call the print command which prints the screen.

and then enable the button
using set_item_property('button_name',visible,property_true);

hope this helps

Jan
Re: enable/disable buttons in the forms while printing from the menu [message #84739 is a reply to message #84709] Wed, 21 April 2004 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ram kumar
in the print menu option write his piece of code
set_item_property('button name',visible,property_false);
Re: enable/disable buttons in the forms while printing from the menu [message #84772 is a reply to message #84739] Sat, 24 April 2004 00:00 Go to previous message
Nancy
hi,
I tested the code which you have supplied. But it is only making the button disabled not invisible. Also after printing it remains as disabled so I cannot move from that window. Can we print a particular window by giving its height and width ? Pls help. It is really urgent.

Regards
Nancy
Previous Topic: Very Urgent
Next Topic: which built-in is apropriate, CALL_FORM,NEW_FORM OR OPEN_FORM
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 20 13:37:51 CDT 2024