Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Making menu items enabled/disabled
Making menu items enabled/disabled [message #84662] Wed, 14 April 2004 01:07 Go to next message
Nancy
hello,

I have a menu and it is attached to the form. Now I have given access to some windows to see the menu. In some windows I don't want all the menu items to be displayed /enabled. How to do this. For eg: In the menu there are save,exit,print,search items. Now in a particular window I want to see the menu with PRINT item only. Can anyone help me.

Thanks in advance
Nancy
Re: Making menu items enabled/disabled [message #84666 is a reply to message #84662] Wed, 14 April 2004 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ashish
HI,

U CAN USE THE set_menu_item_property BUILT IN TO DO THIS USE IT AND JUST DISABLE THE PERTICULAR ITEM U WANT
SET_MENU_ITEM_PROPERTY('MENU NAME.MENU ITEMNAME' , ENABLED , PROPERTY_FALSETRUE);
AND INVOKE THIS BULT IN THE FORM IN WHICH U WANT TO DISABLE THOSE MENU ITEMS
IT MAY HELP
ASHISH
Re: Making menu items enabled/disabled [message #84692 is a reply to message #84666] Sat, 17 April 2004 21:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nancy
hello,
I want to know where this code has to be give? Is it in the menu items? Or in the forms? My problem is
in my application once some condition gets satisfied then it will go to a particular block. say block1 and the window for that block is window1. The inherit menu is there in that window. I want to diable the menu items if we are in window1(not all , some menu items). So where we have to write the code for this? Do help me . Pls it is really urgent.

Regards
Nancy
Re: Making menu items enabled/disabled [message #84700 is a reply to message #84692] Mon, 19 April 2004 04:20 Go to previous message
Nis
U can write it in Menu Startup Code
Previous Topic: Combo Box Disappears at Runtime in Forms 6i
Next Topic: Packaged procedure call from Form
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 08 20:51:24 CDT 2024