Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Done - running multiple versions of D2k on one computer
Done - running multiple versions of D2k on one computer [message #84594] Thu, 01 April 2004 20:05 Go to next message
Rajeev Katyal
This message is just for the information/help of those who wish to install 2 versions of D2k on same computer.
Earlier i had query regarding the same(I was not able to run 2 versions of d2k on one computer) - and i was not able to get help..infact in one the posts i read that it is not possible to run multiple versions.

But now i am succesfully running d2k forms 4.5 and form 6i.So i would like to tell the procedure which i followed....perhaps it will be useful for others too.

Assumption : we wish to install d2k 4.5 and 6i.

1)firstly install the older version ( here 4.5 ).
2)Establish the connect string usring sql net easy configuration or by directly editing the tnsnames.ora file.
3)Install the higher version ( here 6i ).Remeber : you must provide new oracle home this time...i.e. both of the versions should be isntalled in different oracle homes
4)Now open tnsnames.ora from older home and paste the lines containing the connect string in new tnsnames.ora of new home.

That's it ....

But don't forget to put ".world" at the end of the connect string while logining to database in D2k.Otherweise it will not work.

Note:This was the procedure which worked for me , it may work or not work for others.

All the best.
Re: Done - running multiple versions of D2k on one computer [message #84624 is a reply to message #84594] Wed, 07 April 2004 01:23 Go to previous message
Rajesh B. Rasale
For installing 2 versions of D2k ( 4.5 and 6.0/6i) I followed the following Steps.
Step 1. Install D2k ( Forms 4.5 )
Step 2. After successful installation,Go to 'Run' option available when you click on "Start" of Windows( Windows 2000 OS).
Step 3. Type "Regedit","Registry Editor" displayed.
Step 4. CLICK ON "H_KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE"
Step 5. Click on "Software"
Step 6. Click on "ORACLE"
Step 7. Press "F2", Rename "ORACLE" TO "ORACLE45"
Step 8. Close the Registry Editor.
Step 9. now Install another D2K version (6.0/6i)
Step 10. Choose the Home directory as "ORANT6.0"
Step 11. After successful Installation , If you want to use 1st version of D2k (Forms 4.5). You just rename the "ORACLE" TO "ORACLE6" AND "ORACLE45" TO "ORACLE" and vice versa .

In this way you can use 2 different versions of D2K ON SAME MACHINE , BUT AT DIFFERENT INSTANCE OF TIME NOT AT SAME TIME !!!!!!!!!!.
Previous Topic: about ole.urgent.
Next Topic: How to Connect other database (like MS Access,MS-SQL from D2k.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 16:54:40 CDT 2024