Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Deployement strategy for an Application developed using Oracle 9i DS Release 2.
Deployement strategy for an Application developed using Oracle 9i DS Release 2. [message #84558] Mon, 29 March 2004 22:31
Senthil Anand.G
I am Senthil Anand an Oracle Certified Professional DBA, and am currently working in NIFCO. We have bought licenses for Oracle 9i Database Release 2 and Oracle 9i Developer Suite Release 2 during August 2002. And moreover i joined the company just a month back.

The situation in our company is that applications supporting our business are in the development phase by a software company based in Oman for the past 2 years. The initial SRS for the project submitted by them required Oracle 9iDS, but they have developed the product on Oracle 6i. Since that Oracle 9i DS release 1 had Oracle 6i Developer.

The issue is we need the product to run on Oracle 9i DS. To put it straight will we require Oracle 9i AS to deploy the application if it is on Oracle 9i DS release 2, and if it is so can a Oracle 9i AS run on a LAN network.

I kindly request your advice in this issue.

Expecting your earliest reply,

Regards,

Senthil.G
Previous Topic: Multiple Master Single Detail Relationship
Next Topic: Best book on Forms 6i/Reports
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 15:06:55 CDT 2024