Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Interesting problem
Interesting problem [message #84397] Wed, 10 March 2004 04:48 Go to next message
andy
I'm new to forms and built one with several canvases basically having a query fill up the differen't screens.

The form is based on one canvas bringing up the product information and then a button that brings us to another screen that shows us existing warranties for that product.

Here is the problem

If I doa  query on product number 6789 and it brings up warranties for it all is well but then I do a query for product number 1234 and what happens is that product doesn't have any warranties so it should show blanks....well it shows me the warranties for the previous product number that I queried...

Do I need to put in a line of soemthing like clear queries somehwhere?

I spent all day yesterday trying to figure this out and got nowhere so any help would be gratefully appreciated...

please and thank you

it's the only problem I have left before delivering my form..
Re: Interesting problem [message #84400 is a reply to message #84397] Thu, 11 March 2004 01:37 Go to previous message
Jeslie Simpson
Have you used a master detail relation between both the blocks ( I Guess U should have 2 different blocks, 1 in canvas1 and other in canvas2)
Normally you get this sort of error when there is no relation.

If you are not clear pls give somemore technical details

Thanks
Previous Topic: query builder
Next Topic: Calling a Microsoft Access database
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 23:46:06 CDT 2024