Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Forms level errors and DB level errors
Forms level errors and DB level errors [message #84389] Tue, 09 March 2004 03:35 Go to next message
Solveiga
Hei again,

I have one big broblem in understanding...

I have module with to data blocks (master and details).

I created one button to delete a record. If i write

delete from my_schema.my_table where ... I catch an error message 'ORA-02292 ...' when I handle that exception, but

if I write only delete_record (cause it is a data base object) I get only that message "Cannot delete master record when matching detail records exist". How could I handle such a message? it is without error number.. and I need to translate it to my language.

Thank you for your time

Solveiga
Re: Forms level errors and DB level errors [message #84401 is a reply to message #84389] Thu, 11 March 2004 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeslie Simpson
Hi

you are getting this error because your master-detail relations delete record behaviour is set to Non-Isolated and you need to change it to Cascading or Isolated inorder to get rid of this error.

I suggest you to go thru the help about these properties and choose the appropriate one.
Re: Forms level errors and DB level errors [message #84413 is a reply to message #84401] Thu, 11 March 2004 20:57 Go to previous message
Solveiga
hello,
one more thing - for me it is ok, that its don't let to delete master recors when detailed records exits - I only want to know - what it would be message number to translate an error description from English to (e.g.) French

Solveiga
Previous Topic: image.
Next Topic: SQL query
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:23:58 CDT 2024