Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » project on hotel
project on hotel [message #84373] Mon, 08 March 2004 14:21 Go to next message
lotus
hi

i'm doing a project on Front Desk Hotel Management System, using Oracle 8i and developer 6.

In my project, they are 7 canvases in one module. One of them is about Room. For different room types ( eg SRS(singles room) ), there are 20 rooms for it. What i want is to display 20 pushbutton for each room at the room canvas.

The scenario is like this, When a customer comes to book a room for a specific room type (eg SRS), the front desk clerk will go to the room canvas and query for available room(s) of the room type. For example 10 rooms are booked out of 20, so the 10 room's pushbutton will be disable and the other 10 will be enable.

Say, the customer wants room no.20, then the clerk will press the room no.20 button, then a trigger will execute where this pushbuton will be disable which means that the room is not available.

This idea is what i've been thinkin. if there are any other suggestions i would like to hear abt it. thank you

Re: project on hotel [message #84379 is a reply to message #84373] Mon, 08 March 2004 21:21 Go to previous message
sameer_am2002
You can achieve this through the following.
Create a checkbox. During post-query check or uncheck this checkbox according to the room status(occupied or unoccupied).
Keep push-button as it is .When the user clicks the button check the value of checkbox and show the message if it is already occupied.Moreover since the checkbox is displayed on the screen the user can know whether the room is occupied or no.
Previous Topic: How to find out special characters?
Next Topic: Store, Retrieve, and Display image on Form.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 02:40:43 CDT 2024