Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Strange Problem with scroll bar
Strange Problem with scroll bar [message #84124] Mon, 02 February 2004 08:54 Go to next message
andy
I have 1 canvas with two layouts. The above layout is only for query purposes and has a scroll bar next to it.

The layout below is for data entry by the user based on the query titles on top...basically the usuer is entering time to differen't projects

Here is what is happening that is very strange....when you click on the space between the bar and arrow to go further down on the record said it prompts you to save the changes you made to the layout below...when you click yes it moves you to where you wnat to go but if you go back your changes did not actually save...

This doesn't happen if you manualy save it or click on the arrows of the scroll bar nor does it happen when you click down on the scroll bar with the actual bar but when you click on the space it seems to skip through a lot of records..

Anyone see this before? Is this a (oracle form) product bug?

Any ideas on how I can approach this?

thanks

Andy 
Re: Strange Problem with scroll bar [message #84125 is a reply to message #84124] Mon, 02 February 2004 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andy
I hope you all know theat what I menat by layout was actually data block..sorry about the confusion...newbie form user here.
Still need help with this issue (urgent) [message #84130 is a reply to message #84125] Tue, 03 February 2004 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andy
Anyone have any clues...I'm kifn od stuck and have searched everywhere on the net
Re: Strange Problem with scroll bar [message #84154 is a reply to message #84124] Fri, 06 February 2004 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sathya
Haven't met such situations. but still have seen the prompt what u have got....
normally that propmt comes when, the status of the record is changing , and u r trying to navigate to the next record , without commiting , i feel that's the reason system is sending default alert.
so what i feel better to do is, findout which event (trigger) have caused this prompt. (one way to findout the event is : Tools--> preferences --> runtime tab
here u set debug messages property.
then run the form, system will prompt u , which trigger is firing currently. this helps u to find out at which event (or trigger) record status has changed.
then u can control it.
Re: Still need help with this issue (urgent) [message #84168 is a reply to message #84130] Mon, 09 February 2004 15:05 Go to previous message
prashant
Do u have a relation between the 2 blocks????/
If yes then u must have master datablock a single record block.

In case ur master block is a multi record block then when u navigate from 1 record to another in the master block it asks u weather u want to save changes in the corresponding detail block because it must have populate the foreign keys in the detail block.
pls advice
thanks
Prashant
Previous Topic: Call export or batch programs from Forms 6i
Next Topic: How to Integrate C/C+ file with developer ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 14:06:52 CDT 2024