Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » package variables
package variables [message #84064] Fri, 23 January 2004 12:51 Go to next message
Sril
I have an application which has multiple forms and a menu.  I also  have a library and i have attached to all the above mentioned files.  I have a particular package in the library where i have declared all the required global variables.  I would like to know the scope of these variables.  For instance, i have assigned a value to a variable in one form and accessing it in the menu.  Will this work?  In my case, i dont know if i doing somethin' wrong.. i am able to assign in the form but not access it from the menu.

Can anyone please help?

Thanks,

Sril

Re: package variables [message #84111 is a reply to message #84064] Fri, 30 January 2004 04:38 Go to previous message
magnetic
the variables in the package are only known in the package. if you want to use the values of those variables in forms and reports, you have to get it using outparameter in the procedure in the package and assign it in a globalvariable in forms. Then the global is know in forms and the menu.
Previous Topic: Dynamic Report based on the input from form and print automatically by click the button
Next Topic: getting a single column from a tlist
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 21:22:27 CDT 2024