Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » ReuseConnect dialog box on forms 6i run time to connect to another database
ReuseConnect dialog box on forms 6i run time to connect to another database [message #83998] Thu, 15 January 2004 18:42 Go to next message
David Nat
Hello,

With regards to the Connect dialog on Oracle forms 6i via which we can connect to Oracle database, should we use the same functionality on forms run time again?
I mean, I want to make a window with three screen items for username, password and service name. And on run time after connecting to the database I use this window to reconnect to an other database.

So when I give the appropriate information, I will connect to the required database.
I am using the following command on when button press, to connect to database via forms but unfortunately this command runs only when the standalone procedure builder invoke.

.CONNECT DB scott/tiger@test

Could you give me suggestion that how should I connect to required database on forms run time?

Thanks

David
Re: ReuseConnect dialog box on forms 6i run time to connect to another database [message #84039 is a reply to message #83998] Wed, 21 January 2004 02:04 Go to previous message
Venky
Hi,

If you are using forms 6i deployed in web, then you can get the connect string from server parameter in runtime. To get the value of connect string, create a parameter DB_INSTANCE of char type in the parameter node. Your DBA should help you to configure some files in application server. In your code write scott/tiger@:DB_INSTANCE.

However this will not work when you try in client server. Only when it is deployed in web, it will take the connect string dynamically from the environment and it will supply the value to the DB_INSTANCE parameter.
Previous Topic: loop
Next Topic: how to display image items in a multi record forms data block
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 19:36:48 CDT 2024