Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How we can add a flexi field into the canvas and also setting the properties for that (IN RUNTIME FO
How we can add a flexi field into the canvas and also setting the properties for that (IN RUNTIME FO [message #83932] Tue, 06 January 2004 22:45 Go to next message
Deepak
How we can add a flexi field into the canvas and also setting the properties for that (IN RUNTIME FORM), this is very urgent
Re: How we can add a flexi field into the canvas and also setting the properties for that (IN RUNTIM [message #83933 is a reply to message #83932] Wed, 07 January 2004 03:43 Go to previous message
magnetic
it is easy:
just create as many fields you need in a controlblock.
name them like f1,f2,f3...
it is important that you can navigate between fields with the next-item command.
set the filed properties visible to false.
set the right canvas at field properties.
now you can manipulate with the set_item_propertiy built-in.
example:
i want to show 3 fields at runtime.
go_block('A');
first_item;
l_field:=name_in(:system.cursor_item);
while i <4 loop;
set_item_property(l_field,......);
[[set the fallowing properties;
x-pos,y-pos,enabled true,visible true]]
next_item;
l_field:=name_in(:system.cursor_item); -- current field
i :=i+1;
l_xpos:=l_xpos+width_previousfield;-- l_xpos is a variable for the x-position to align the next field to the previous field
end loop;

after running this, you should set the properties visible,enabled back to original state in order to make it run correctly for a next run with in the same session. make a procedure for this and just call it where you need it
Previous Topic: How to do this ( plz give a look )
Next Topic: Problem in opening another window from the same form.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 17:11:39 CDT 2024