Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » List Box transfer control
List Box transfer control [message #83811] Mon, 15 December 2003 03:06 Go to next message
sancha
Hi All,

I am currently developing a form whose specification has,
two boxes separated by one left arrow and right arrow button.
-> the left box has a number or elements(assume, picked from a database table)
-> the copy of the element is transferred into the right-list box when the right-arrow button is pressed after blocking the element in the left-list box.
-> similarly, the right list box element can be transferred to left list box by blocking the element and using the left arrow button.

I can hard-code the whole transfer, but on second-thoughts i guess there might exist some "control or utility or user-defined control" to do the same task.

I am banking on you people in this forum to help me locating this as yet "invisible" control to perform this task of transfer.

thanks in anticipation
Re: List Box transfer control [message #83814 is a reply to message #83811] Mon, 15 December 2003 03:36 Go to previous message
magnetic
i had done this 3 years ago.
dont remember th eexact code but can you show how to do it:

list 1:
a
b
c

list 2
select a from list 1 and pres button to move to right:
put the value and/or id of the selected listelement in a variable.
what to do next is to add a list elemetn in the right list with the build in add_list_element.
and delete a listelement from the leftlist with delete_list_element (dont know the exact built-in calls, see forms help (F1))
after deleting and adding, populate both lists again to refresh the values of the lists.
Previous Topic: validation checks on the character
Next Topic: very urgent:display form b based on the record selected on form a
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:43:07 CDT 2024